Sunday, August 8, 2010

Laurent Gaude Hurricane


The story : At New Orleans , while a terrible storm is announced, most people fleeing the city. Those who were unable to leave will suffer the wrath of heaven .. That he remains a man in the middle of chaos?

Author : Laurent Gaude has received the 2004 prize Goncourt for his novel of the sun Scorta . (Book magnificent long been running through my head .. A strong book, poetic, beautifully written ..)

Impressions: I'm always a little wary of thin books, wondering if so few pages can satisfy me and show me. But I left my suspicions aside and I did well!
The author portrays a series of characters who intersect or meet. Their voices rise in a large choir that sounds like the cry of a city abandoned to its fate. The writing is strong, beautiful, controlled. Mark each phrase, touch, and at the same time is savored.
Go ahead without fear because this book is beautiful, simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment