Sunday, October 10, 2010

Even silence has a purpose

Impressions: I think I read a lot of the existing narratives of captivity. In other words: It knows me!
So I opened this book jaded. We had heard so much bad about this woman that I had some qualms about putting me. And finally, I was completely caught up.
In the manner of a diary of his captivity, Ingrid Bettencourt said his daily life, the chains around their necks, humiliation, dehumanization. We share it with hunger, fear, false joys, sorrows, the nightmare of overcrowding and uncertainty.
This testimony is beautiful, well written and poignant. I challenge anyone to put manage to close this book without feeling ...
With humility and modesty, she is engaged, telling how she was disappointed itself of its petty desires and laborers for the better part, the best place. How much she suffered in this 'green hell'.
It provides the key that allowed him to survive for 6 long years: the messages of his family, escape attempts, the friendship with some inmates and especially an intense spiritual quest that will allow it to make sense of the senseless .
But it is also a wonderful adventure book. It keeps us in suspense from the first to the last page. We live with it every failure, every bite of insects, one shudders to crocodiles and other critters all larger and repulsive as each other ...
So I have to say is not to get into the game and jealous of other researchers lice and let yourself be touched by this story. Someone who signed his book "I had just been born, there was more in me nothing but love. I fell to my knees before the world, the sky and thanked in advance for everything who was to come. "this person can not be that bad right?

No comments:

Post a Comment